El Instituto de Investigaciones de las Naciones Unidas para el Desarrollo Social (UNRISD) está aceptando solicitudes para un puesto de prácticas, a partir de enero de 2016, para ayudar con el lanzamiento de un nuevo proyecto de investigación sobre medición del impacto de la ESS (Economía Social y Solidaria) en la aplicación de los Objetivos de Desarrollo Sostenible. Esta nueva investigación se basará en el anterior proyecto de UNRISD "Potential and Limits of Social and Solidarity Economy" (Potencial y límites de la Economía Social y Solidaria).
Ver anuncio original aquí debajo
Please circulate widely. Apologies for cross-postings.
The United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD) is an autonomous research institute within the UN system that undertakes interdisciplinary research and policy analysis on the social dimensions of contemporary development issues. Through our work, we aim to ensure that social equity, inclusion and justice are central to development thinking, policy and practice.
UNRISD is now accepting applications for an internship position, starting in January 2016, to assist with the launch of a new research project on Measuring the Impact of SSE towards Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals. This new research will build on the previous UNRISD project Potential and Limits of Social and Solidarity Economy.
While at UNRISD, the intern will be asked to:
- provide research assistance for building background knowledge for the new research project on Measuring the Impact of SSE towards Implementing the Sustainable Development Goals;
- assist with the review of existing methods of impact measurement for social and solidarity economy; and
- contribute to ongoing tasks related to project management, fundraising activities, external relations, meetings and event organization.
Qualifications, skills and competencies:
- Education in public policy, development studies, economics, econometrics, political science, anthropology, sociology or a related field at an accredited university, with academic and/or professional experience on relevant issues.
- We are especially interested in candidates with strong expertise in social and solidarity economy, sustainable development and impact assessment. Knowledge in qualitative and quantitative assessment and measurement methods, public policy and multi-criteria analysis, as well as new wealth indicators in relation with social and solidarity economy, are valuable assets.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is essential. Good working knowledge of French and Spanish is desirable.
This UNRISD internship is in accordance with the rules and regulations of the UN Internship Programme.
- At the time of application, applicants must meet one of the following requirements (as per UN Secretariat rules regarding interns):
(i) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher)
(ii) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
(iii) have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (i) and (ii) above) and, if selected, commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Interns are not financially remunerated.
- UNRISD is not responsible for interns' travel expenses to and from Geneva, or for mandatory medical insurance during the period of the internship.
The deadline for applications is 3 January 2016 (23:59 Central European Time), with a start date in February 2016 to be mutually agreed. The usual duration of the internship is three months, with the possibility of extension.
If you have the required qualifications and are interested in this position, please apply via this page on the UNRISD website.
United Nations Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD)
Palais des Nations
1211 Geneva 10, Switzerland
Tel: +41 (0)22 917 3020
Fax: +41 (0)22 917 0650